Sunday, September 21, 2014

Would you like a free copy of Fever Rising? Here's how.

Over the past two years, I’ve worked on a project I never dreamed of doing. I wrote a book. Over those two years there were several steps to completing the book, which included the research, the actual writing, followed by the editing and formatting. As difficult as each of those steps were, it wasn’t until the final stage that I became overwhelmed. The promotion of the completed book was something I didn't bargain for.
Holding the proof I received in the mail just prior to publishing on August 27.

Prior to writing Fever Rising, I considered myself a marketing guy, as owner of my own small newspaper and publishing business, I got to see the side of marketing from the advertising angle. I’ve also set up a digital media campaign for a company. But, over the years, I’ve also owned a couple of businesses that wouldn’t have survived without marketing. Basically, I was no stranger to marketing and promotion, but, promoting a book is an entirely different beast, especially as a self-published author.

I know, I know…I’ve only been published for three weeks and I’m already stressing about sales. I’m like every other author who has dreams of selling a hundred thousand copies and going on a television book tour. Actually, no, I’m not envisioning that because I’ve got stage fright. Don’t you remember old 1990 classmates of Hayward High all those speeches I gave in Jim Benton’s speech class. No, you don’t remember because I didn’t give any, I skipped out letting my stage fright win over. So, although I’m not daydreaming of that TV book tour (who am I kidding, of course I'd love one), I do want to see the book sell. Who wouldn’t?

Even more than wanting to sell a hundred thousand copies, I want at least a hundred thousand people to see it, read it and absorb the message. That’s what is most important to me, not sales, but readership. So I took two action steps this week towards making that happen. First, I lowered my Kindle ebook price down to $2.99, the lowest they would allow me to go. Otherwise, it would be cheaper yet. Unfortunately, the print-on-demand price of $19.99 has to stay because that’s barely over the minimum price Amazon could sell it at…due to the fact the book is 480 pages long with pictures. Sorry bout that. If you want to have a printed copy of the book, you’ll have to spring a few bucks. If you want an ebook, then you’ll have to spring only three bucks, but, here’s the even better news. I’m going to give away free PDF copies to anyone who wants it.

The second action I took this week was to set up a new promotion giving away a free PDF version of Fever Rising to anyone who simply signs up for my free weekly newsletter at Feverrising.com/pages/newsletter. After you sign up, I will turn around and email you the book. All I ask in return for this free copy is if you find the time after reading it, visit my Amazon page in the link below and give me a review (good or bad, that's up to you). Now that would be awesome!

So, what are you waiting for…click the link below and sign up for my weekly newsletter.

Sign up for my newsletter(Get your free PDF copy of Fever Rising)

Fever Rising on Amazon and Kindle

Fever Rising on Createspace.com

Fever Rising at my online store for less

Visit my website

Follow me on Twitter






No comments:

Post a Comment